Prompt Removals is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. This statement, called “Protecting Your Privacy”, sets out important information about privacy protections:
How we collect personal information
Prompt Removals collects personal information in a number of ways, including: ( can you indent the point forms please)
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in documents such as our Online Quotation
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From the organisations identified below under “When we disclose your personal information”;
- From our own records of how you use your Prompt Removals Services
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- identify you;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- research and develop our services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above (under “How we use your personal information”) we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Prompt Removals. Where appropriate, these disclosures are subject to privacy and confidentiality protections. The organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
- Outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- Billing and debt-recovery functions; ( can you further indent these two again)
- Information technology services;
- Your representatives (eg. your authorized representatives or legal advisers);
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- Our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorized by law;
- Our related companies.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Prompt Removals takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such contact details.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending an email using the Contact Us page. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Prompt Removals reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Security of your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely. Credit card information is among the most important data we collect. For obvious reasons, please do not send credit card information through unsecured email.
What else you should know about privacy
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us by calling 1300-35-00-35 between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can use the Contact Us page to send your questions and comments via email.